My Stress Test Update

Happy Tuesday! I wanted to take a moment to give you a really quick update on how my stress test went today. To be completely honest, I was actually super nervous and anxious but I had faith that I was going to be okay. It went well, the nurses were really sweet and it was everything that I expected it was going to be. Yes, I will admit that I looked up a couple of YouTube videos about it because that’s our natural tendency to do so.

The overall stress test process was interesting to say the least.  You have to wear comfortable clothing and you have to take everything off from the waist up (everything!) They start by hooking you up to the EKG machine and I had the stress test where they also do a ultrasound of your heart before so they can take pictures of your heart while you breath naturally and then they do it again afterwards to compare and to see if there’s any blockage or other potential serious issues.

When the doctor first came in, she looked at me and said “you’re way too young to be here. What’s going on?” I told her what happened in the last few weeks and explained that my doctor just wanted me to do it as a precaution and she agreed that it is always good to know for your own sanity and for peace of mind.

Afterwards, they put this belt thing around my waist that had a mini machine on it. I stood on the treadmill and the test started. They start you off slow but then every 3 minutes the incline goes up and the treadmill goes faster. Because of the chest pain I had, I stayed away from the gym for about a month. My heart rate is usually in the eighties and I needed it to go up to 150 for them to get a clear ultrasound reading afterward. I walked and ran for about 13 minutes straight before I couldn’t anymore.

At that point, I had to hurry up and get off the treadmill, lay back on the hospital bed in the same exact position that I was in before so that they can do another ultrasound to look at my heart again. It’s not easy to take a deep breath and hold it when you’re already out of breath so that was interesting. She said everything looked fabulous, I did great and I have nothing to worry about. THANK GOD!

I am so glad and relieved that it was done and that I got the results immediately because I thought I was gonna have to wait like a week. for some results I left there feeling much better mentally and I just wanted to go home. I was out of it, like literally sweating and just still trying to catch my breath. They did not let me leave until my heart rate came back down to its normal rate which was good. It was all over and I was able to go home.

I have to be honest when I say that it is better to take things into consideration when you have to go through something like this because even if the results are what you want to hear, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you should not make an effort to make some changes to your lifestyle. Now that’s not to say that you cannot enjoy your favorite foods, etc. but I would stay on the error of precaution because you just never know and make sure to do some type of exercise regularly. I am happy that I got the green light to go back to the gym. Two weeks ago, the doctor told me that it was best that I did not do anything until I had the stress test today.

That’s pretty much it for today as I just wanted to give you all a quick update. If you follow me on Snapchat, you saw the picture that I posted a pic of me walking to the appointment. I kind of wish my son could have gone with me so he could take some pics of me on the treadmill. I’m glad that the weather is going to get better soon so that I can actually go run again. I’m not actually a runner but I do like to go running every now and then by the beach and not that we have the most beautiful beach but it is rather peaceful to run near the ocean and kind of just still see it.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and make sure you stay tuned to this Friday’s edition of Bloggers Plan Too: Volume 5 to see this week’s featured blogger / planner girl. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so that you will always receive notifications when a new post is live and ready for your reading pleasure.


I will talk to you all soon!


Grab a cup, get cozy & catch up

Bloggers Plan Too Mini Series

Vol. 1 – Beatriz | Vol. 2 – Anali | Vol. 3 – Melissa | Vol. 4 – Yesi
Vol. 5 – Pascha | Vol. 6 – Connie | Vol. 7 – Amanda | Vol. 8 – Ce Ce
Vol. 9 – Carissa | Vol. 10 – Amber


  1. March 21, 2017 / 6:40 PM

    Praise God that everything came out normal and you can go back to your regular routines. I would’ve been anxious and nervous too!

    • theblogginmamacita
      March 22, 2017 / 2:24 PM

      Yes, girl! Thank God & Thank You! Now I can go back to my normal routine and make some changes too. I was definitely a nervous wreck and so relieved that the Dr. was there the whole time to look at everything instantly so I wouldn’t have to wait for results.

  2. Carmen
    March 21, 2017 / 8:28 PM

    Awesome news. I am so glad all went well. That was definitely very stressful.

    • theblogginmamacita
      March 22, 2017 / 2:22 PM

      Yes it was! Thank you Titi Rosie! <3

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *